- Experience Spirit-filled prayer
- Lessons from Jesus’ prayer life
- Practical tools for prayer
- Overcoming obstacles in prayer
How this ARM resource can help your church:
The Lord, Teach Us to Pray Seminar workbook is designed to encourage God’s people to become a people of prayer. It is a scripturally based study to encourage individuals to take another step toward maturity in prayer. This workbook has the potential to change lives and churches as readers are challenged to walk in intimacy with God through prayer.
Experience the victory of a Spirit-filled prayer life
Is your personal prayer life a duty, a discipline, or a delight? Prayer is a relationship with our Heavenly Father that grows and matures over time. This seminar will encourage all those who yearn for a closer walk with the Lord through prayer.
Apply lessons from the prayer life of Jesus
Our prayer lives will be enhanced as we learn to follow Jesus’ example of prayer. Why did Jesus pray? What did Jesus pray? When did Jesus pray?
Put into practice tools for personal prayer
Your church chooses 5 tools for presentation from the curriculum. Each tool includes sound biblical teaching, personal testimony, and a prayer experience to enable you to practice the tool.
Identify and find healing for obstacles to intimacy with God
God’s promise of intimacy with Him is for you. But many of us experience obstacles to intimacy. Scripture, personal testimony, and the opportunity to receive personal prayer help participants find freedom for greater intimacy with God.
Lord, Teach Us to Pray Manual is designed to encourage God’s people to become a people of prayer. Your church can trained persons to teach and share personal testimony that will encourage individuals to take a growth step toward maturity in prayer. This seminar has the potential to change lives and to transform churches as participants are challenged to walk in intimacy with God through prayer.
Recognizing that we learn by both hearing and doing, the curriculum is written to include a variety of activities that are practical applications of the teachings on prayer. Bible Study members will share not only their victories, but also times when they have struggled to walk in intimacy with God through prayer. More than just a teaching tool, this manual is an opportunity for all to encounter the Living God!
Aldersgate Renewal Ministries developed this resource to encourage God’s people to become people of prayer. This manual challenges and encourages individuals to mature in prayer. Study this resource personally or use it in a variety of small group settings. This book will help you:
- Understand that prayer is a relationship with our Heavenly Father that grows and matures over time.
- Experience the victory of a spirit-filled prayer life
- Apply lessons from the prayer life of Jesus
- Put into practice tools for personal prayer
- Identify and find healing for obstacles and hindrances to intimacy with God
How to use this ARM resource for a weekend event:
Your weekend event within your local church is sharing their personal faith experiences with Jesus Christ.
- Friday evening begins with a congregational fellowship time which often includes a covered dish dinner. This is followed by a general session with singing and team testimonies, children & youth ministries and small group discussions. After a re-assembly to hear small group reports, everyone is released for the evening.
- Saturday includes meeting in home groups, children & youth sessions and luncheon meetings for men and women. That evening, following a covered dish meal, general sessions are again held.
- Sunday the mission coordinator and team will be present and available to lead Sunday school and the morning worship service. Sunday evening the church gathers without the team for a time of celebration, sharing and planning for the future.