Jesus said: “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing…” (John 14:12). We at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries believe that includes United Methodists today! More than believing that miracles really happened, and beyond believing that God still performs miracles, Jesus invites us to “Preach…heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, and cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” [Mt 10:7-8]
The question is, where can Methodists who are longing to live in the supernatural learn about our Methodist heritage of supernatural ministry, how God is moving supernaturally kn and through Methodists today, and how to be used by God in supernatural ways?
This session was recorded live at the Aldersgate Renewal Center in Goodlettsville, TN, October 20-23, 2010.
Session 1 Topics Include:
- Why Are Signs, Wonders and Miracles Important? Supernatural Moves of the Holy Spirit from the New Testament to Today – Rev. Dr. Frank Billman
- The Supernatural History of Methodism – Rev. Dr. Frank Billman
- Contemporary Manifestations of the Holy Spirit Among Methodists – Rev. Ron Fearneyhough, Rev. Dr. Scott McDermott, Rev. Dr. Frank Billman & Kathy Hershman
- Developing Intimacy with God – Margie Burger
- Being Baptized in the Holy Spirit, Staying Filled and Ministering the Baptism to Others –Margie Burger
- Discerning the Spiritual Times – Rev. Dr. Scott McDermott
- The Nature of Spiritual Experience – Rev. Dr. Scott McDermott
- Flowing in Gifts of the Spirit – Rev. Dr. Scott McDermott
- How God Increases the Anointing – Rev. Dr. Scott McDermott
- Brief Sharing on Impartation – Rev. Ron Fearneyhough
Dr. Scott McDermott has pastored Washington Crossing UMC in Washington Crossing, PA since 1993. He has been an equipping session leader and general session speaker at several Aldersgate conferences. He has ministered around the world alongside many leaders of God’s current supernatural revival and has experienced God moving in power in his local church. He also teaches at Perkins School of Theology.
Rev. Ron Fearneyhough is the pastor of Gracewood UMC outside of Augusta, GA. Pastoring out of the Wesleyan principle that all are “ministers,” Ron has a passion to see lay people experience the fullness of the Holy Spirit. His small church has hosted a number of revivals where his people have experienced supernatural manifestations of the Holy Spirit. Ron was an equipping session leader at Aldersgate 2010.
Rev. Dr. Frank Billman has pastored United Methodist churches since 1994 and currently serves on the ARM staff as Director of Church Relations where he is responsible for local church renewal events, International ministries and the Methodist School for Supernatural Ministry. He has preached and taught in a number of settings here in the USA in addition to Tanzania, Nepal and Liberia.
Margie Burger serves as ARM’s Director of Prayer Ministries. In her role she oversees a network of intercessors and seeks to strategically saturate all that ARM does in prayer. An author and speaker, Margie has travelled nationally teaching on prayer and on intimacy with God. Her passion is to press deeper into God and to create experiences where others may do the same.
Kathy Hershman – is an anointed preacher with a gift of helping God’s people discover the silver thread that runs from the Old Testament to the New. Some of these silver threads can be experienced first-hand at The Prayer Center (Princeton, KY) where Kathy serves as Director. Within this holy place, many signs, wonders and miracles are taking place. In addition, Kathy has a powerful teaching ministry, showing others how to minister love and healing to a lost and broken world.