- Hear life-impacting testimonies
- Move into deeper discipleship
- Step out into new areas of service
- Receive a new touch from God
How this ARM resource can help your church:
- People searching for ways to understand what it means for them to live as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today;
- People taking time to listen to others and to tell of God’s love;
- People telling others about their hungers, joys, hurts, and discoveries of their lives;
- People communicating to others what Jesus Christ means to them and how the good news of the Gospel makes a difference in their everyday living;
- People sharing faith, witnessing, enjoying fellowship, and praying with Jesus as their focus.
Venture In Discipleship (VID) manual was created as a follow-up to the Lay Witness Mission manual, the VID manual will help create a strategy where laypersons share with others their personal experiences in trying to live the Christian life. The central focus is on personal commitment to Christ and His ministry. The VID manual is designed to help people know the direction in which Jesus is leading them. It brings the congregation to a new sense of ministry to the surrounding community and greatly strengthens the bonds of love and service within the fellowship of faith.
How to use this ARM resource for a weekend event:
Your weekend event within your local church is sharing their personal faith experiences with Jesus Christ.
- Friday evening begins with a congregational fellowship time which often includes a covered dish dinner. This is followed by a general session with singing and team testimonies, children & youth ministries and small group discussions. After a re-assembly to hear small group reports, everyone is released for the evening.
- Saturday includes meeting in home groups, children & youth sessions and luncheon meetings for men and women. That evening, following a covered dish meal, general sessions are again held.
- Sunday the mission coordinator and team will be present and available to lead Sunday school and the morning worship service. Sunday evening the church gathers without the team for a time of celebration, sharing and planning for the future.